Collaborate | Innovate is Now Open for Submissions!
The Partners in Patient Health Collaborate challenge is back! Beginning December 9, 2013, Collaborate | Innovate is officially open for submissions, where teams can submit for a chance at the $100,000 grand prize.
Collaborate | Innovate is Partners in Patient Health‘s second challenge rooted in the idea that patient advocates can make a more meaningful impact on patient health through collaboration. The Challenge calls on teams of advocates to team up and submit concepts that translate patient insights into new and novel solutions to improve the drug development process and ultimately improve patient health.
This open innovation challenge is presented by Sanofi US’s Partners in Patient Health, which embraces a novel approach to partnering with people, ideas, and solutions across the advocacy community. Partners in Patient Health focuses on critical issues dedicated to advancing patient and consumer health, and Sanofi US is pleased to support this initiative to foster innovation and collaboration in the advocacy community.
Here is how the Challenge will unfold:
- Open submissions: Teams consisting of at least two eligible partnering organizations are invited submit a concept through February 23, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
- Finalist Selection: The PiPH jury will select and announce 4 finalist teams on March 17, 2014.
- Virtual Accelerator: The finalist teams will receive mentorship from industry-leading experts to hone their concepts and build their implementation plans.
- Finalist Event: The four finalist teams will present their solutions to a live audience and the PiPH jury at the Finalist Event in New York City in April 2014. The winner will be selected live at the event and awarded $100,000 in non-dilutive capital.
Collaborate | Innovate is designed to promote sharing of complementary resources to accelerate the pace of innovation and improve patient health. To support this idea, entries must meet the following criteria:
- Submitted concepts should focus on opportunities and collaborations that drive new thinking involving the role of the patient throughout the R&D process.
- Teams must include two or more partnering organizations: Non-profit patient, provider, and professional associations, and academic institutions are encouraged to participate; a multidisciplinary approach is highly encouraged. Each team’s primary entrant must be a non-profit patient, provider or professional association (501c3, 501c4 or 501c6).
- Submissions should include measurable goals with a clear view toward implementation.
Have a groundbreaking idea to advance R&D? We invite you to submit a concept for consideration today.
Know someone who would be interested in the Challenge? Help spread the word about Collaborate | Innovate by downloading and sharing our Fact Sheet.
Stay updated by visiting the Collaborate | Innovate website, and following the #PiPHCI hashtag on Twitter and Facebook.