Operations and Finance
View Resource Chart
The CTRI Operations & Finance team coordinates all aspects of award management for the UCSD-CTRI. The team works closely with the UCSD Controllers and Budget Offices and acts as the point of contact with NIH for all fiscal matters pertaining to the CTSA grant awards. This team also provides human resources services for all CTRI employees and manages the facilities located at Hillcrest and ECOB.
Planning, Evaluation & Tracking
CTRI’s Planning, Evaluation & Tracking team supports the Institute’s programs and leadership in efforts to develop goals, targets and relevant metrics of success, assess progress toward those goals, and improve performance and management. CTRI uses the “Balanced Scorecard” as a framework for program and institute planning. The overall goals for introducing this approach, including use of an online tool, and facilitation of associated review process, include:
- Creating a more strategic organization which establishes greater alignment between program and institute-wide priorities and activities
- Establishing a culture of transparency and accountability
- Building a data and metrics-driven organization
The vision of the Evaluation team is to work hand in hand, and in partnership with other programs to support efforts to achieve success. We invite CTRI programs to contact us to hear how we can support their needs.
The CTRI Communications team leads efforts to increase awareness and understanding of the Institute and its work. With a focus on audiences that include researchers, the broader UCSD community, industry and community partners, and the 60-member CTSA national consortium, this team works collaboratively with CTRI program representatives to identify priorities, to encourage cross-program communication and promotion, and to amplify news, science advances, and successes.
In preparation for the UC Path Initiative we have moved toward a shared service model. Please visit Core website
- Benefits – answering questions and providing general support
- Compensation Analysis
- Funding Changes
- Job Description – composition, analysis, advising, classification
- Leaves of Absence
- New Hire Orientation
- Recruitment – job posting, applicant screening, compensation analysis, offer facilitation
- Timekeeping & Paycheck – answering questions and providing general support
- Postdoctoral Scholars and Visas
- General Employee Relations Advising
What this means for managers and supervisors…
- Managers and supervisors will submit HR inquiries and requests through the Service Core contact mechanisms listed above. An e-mail into myHSHR@ucsd.edu or the submission of a myEAR request will trigger the creation of a case in our Case Management system. You will notice e-mail responses from this e-mail account and also a Case # indicated in the subject line. A Service Core representative/specialist will be assigned to your case and will reach out to you to complete the action.